Tuesday, September 28, 2010

decorate your own soul

“After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning and company doesn’t mean security, and you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts and presents aren’t promises, and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child, and you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans. After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure… that you really are strong, and you really do have worth.”
Veronica A. Shoffstall

10 comments:

GlossQueen said...

Oh, that is one of my favorite poems, it's so beautiful.

Sarah Tabitha said...

wow all of that is so true, touching and something I think that will stay in my thoughts for a while...very moved by it.

Laura Valerie said...

It is so beautiful, isn't it? I especially love the part where she says... "begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult". Thank you so much for your comments :) xx

boxed chic said...

That is beautiful, your posts always cheer me up :)

Laura Valerie said...

Thank you Ash! I am so glad! xx

Anonymous said...

Love your little inspirational quotes and poems, this one hit the spot today...

natalieW said...

hi Laura.
this is so amazing!
Thank you.
I also love your beauty posts, they are much better than the beauty section in most magazines which are always repeating the same thing. I love Ren too, love the Purifying Facial Scrub, its so gentle. You should be a beauty writer! (or any writer!) You have a lovely way of writing.

Ps : Tx for your nice comment in my blog. I posted a new one which is about work, health and happiness. They are my favourites from Oprah.

xx

Laura Valerie said...

Yay Julie, I am so happy you could relate :)

Thank you so much Natalie! I would love to be a beauty writer. I will check out your new post now :)

Sarah Tabitha said...

Hey Laura, I wrote a little blurb about you on my blog as you are one of my favourite bloggers and nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award xx

http://genyjourno.blogspot.com/2010/10/stylish-blogger-award-6-bloggers-you.html

Laura Valerie said...

Thank you so much lovely xx