Saturday, October 23, 2010

be awake enough


"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate."
— Jeff Buckley


On a lighter note... I probably should have mentioned yesterday how important I also think it is to, as Jeff Buckley says, be awake enough to experience the infinite beauty in the world. So here is a touching video by talented 17-year-old filmmaker Josh Beattie, who wrote, directed and composed the music to this gorgeous little film. Thank you to Natalie Perkins for the link, via her marvellous blog Definatalie.

To Claire: From Sonny

4 comments:

Bianca said...

That was so beautiful!

xoxo
bianca

Laura Valerie said...

It is such a lovely little film, isn't it Bianca? I can't believe he is only 17! xx

Anonymous said...

Ow lovely mix Laura, anything Jeff Buckley related is right and perfect in my book. I really enjoyed the little video, even though it had a sad ending. It was amazingly put together considering his age...Love, Jules

Laura Valerie said...

Thank you Jules x