Sunday, October 17, 2010

the essence


"When you start to know someone, all their physical characteristics start to disappear. You begin to dwell in their energy, recognize the scent of their skin. You see only the essence of the person, not the shell. That’s why you can’t fall in love with beauty. You can lust after it, be infatuated by it, want to own it. You can love it with your eyes and your body but not your heart. And that’s why, when you really connect with a person’s inner self, any physical imperfections disappear, become irrelevant."
— Lisa Unger, Beautiful Lies

7 comments:

Tara said...

So perfectly worded and true.

I love your blog--not sure if I've stopped to tell you that before!

Laura Valerie said...

Thank you lovely! xx

Bianca said...

So lovely!

xoxo
bianca

Unknown said...

I really like this quote, it explains that thought that I have about my boyfriend which says "I have no idea what he looks like from someone else's perspective, or even what he materialistically looks like"

Thanks Laura!

Laura Valerie said...

Thank you Joni and Bianca!

Joni - I cannot, for the life of me, describe my boyfriend either! Probably for the same reason that he says I look "beautiful" with frizzy witch hair and botchy skin... I know that I don't!

allanah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This quote sums up what I have been trying to tell my boyfriend for the longest time :) so perfect!