Saturday, November 14, 2009

1. read one book per week.


Some books I'd like to read:

× The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
× A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks
× Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
× Sylvia Plath’s Collected Poems
× The Lover by Marguerite Duras
× Ulysses by James Joyce
× Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco
× Gould's Book of Fish by Richard Flanagan
× Engleby by Sebastian Faulks
× The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
× One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
× History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters by Julian Barnes
× The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
× Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
× On the Road by Jack Kerouac
× The Girl at the Lion d'Or by Sebastian Faulks
× A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
× The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
× Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
× Cuckold by Kiran Nagarkar
× Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
× The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
× Beauty and Sadness by Yasunari Kawabata

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to read more. I don't think I could manage one book per week...but maybe I'll try for one book per month.

Laura Valerie said...

I don't know if I can either, but I'm aiming high! I was recommended the Bronze Horseman which I am reading it now but it is such a slow read! I keep having to stop while I cringe in embarrassment lol.