Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the beauty philosopher

I did this interview with The Beauty Philosopher a few months ago, but, in my ever-disorganised state, I completely forgot to post a link on here, until now.

I absolutely love beauty, which I'm sure comes through on this blog, but I made a conscious choice not to be, exclusively, a beauty blogger. The main rationale is that there are a lot of other things I love writing about, but there is also the fact that there are so many amazing, talented, passionate, knowledgeable beauty bloggers out there who I just cannot compete with! The Beauty Philosopher is one of them. She is also a beautiful, romantic wordsmith with amazing style.

So here is my interview, in which I chat indulgently about my love for cosmetics, where it originated and some of my all-time favourite products. Enjoy!

“People often say that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder,’ and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.”
— Salma Hayek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh you linked to the interview! Thank you sweetie! Is that your own bathroom? I would love to repost that picture in my bathroom section of my site.