Tuesday, July 6, 2010

equilibrium

I love couples that consist of a short man and a tall woman. It kind of absolves that completely unromantic "list" approach to finding "The One"... You know, "he/she must have blonde hair, a great body, a good sense of humour, be intelligent, successful, taller/shorter than me... etc." Love just doesn't work like that. Thank God. If perfection was a prequisite to love, then we'd all be very lonely.
Garance Dore and Scott Schuman


Sophie Dahl and Jamie Cullum


Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban

I love how they all look as though they are in their own little love bubble, oblivious to the fact that other people may be thinking less than kind thoughts. Or maybe they just don't care, which I love even more.

"But who can say what's best? That's why you need to grab whatever chance you have of happiness where you find it, and not worry about other people too much. My experience tells me that we get no more than two or three such chances in a life time, and if we let them go, we regret it for the rest of our lives."

— Haruki Murakami

2 comments:

Greer said...

It still doesn't make me feel better about letting my heel's gather dust.

Laura Valerie said...

So just wear your heels! Who cares?