Thursday, July 29, 2010

praise you



Andy and I were watching the MTV "Geektastic" Top 50 Countdown when we came across this gem. Not surprisingly, Andy's first reaction was to point and laugh... "look at those idiots!" Mine was to sigh wistfully and say "that looks like so much fun!" I would rather be one of the people at the centre, blissfully creating something beautiful, than those at the periphery, shifting around uncomfortably and being snarky. Of course, it takes guts to disassociate ourselves from other people's criticism and completely let go. I don't think I would be brave enough to be a part of the Torrance Community Dance Group... Thankfully, these people are, and I can experience a smidgen of their joy, just by watching them.

2 comments:

frockandrollonline.com said...

Hear, hear! I am 100% in agreement with you. Fun all the way, always!

Nat Kringoudis Melbourne said...

Totally agree... get in there! Right in the middle and let loose!